Learn to learn: Languages
More and more parents are aware of how a good knowledge of foreign languages is fundamental for the future of their children. They wonder how they can best support their children while they are learning new languages. That’s why we have asked a language expert, a learning expert and mother of a bilingual family how parents should best deal with the subject of ‘language learning' to prepare their offspring for a globalised, multilingual world.
ElemenTipps offers 14 questions and answers to help parents understand more about the subject of learning languages. There are also further links to helpful resources and advice on the subject.
- Sprachen lernen - Das Gehirn mehrsprachiger Kinder bleibt länger flexibel (Deutsch)
- Französisch unter Druck - "Die Kinder sind mit zwei Fremdsprachen nicht überfordert" (Deutsch)
- Lerntipps für... Sprachen lernen (Deutsch)
- Why children should be learning a second language (English)
- What parents want to know about bilingualism (English)
- The world’s languages, in 7 maps and charts (English)
Online resources - Learning English
If you are interested in hearing more about how children learn smarter, subscribe to our regular newsletter with insight into various educational topics as well as news from Tagesschule Elementa. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time.